Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Recycling is a great way to reduce Maitland's impact on the environment.
It is very important to follow the basic rules of recycling. When in doubt, do not throw it in the recycling collection container. Call the City of Maitland with questions at (407) 539-6265.
Recycle clean bottles, cans, paper and cardboard. Clean all food waste and liquids from recycling. Never recycle plastic bags or plastic wraps, and do not bag your recycled items. Bags easily clog automated recycling systems and slow processing.
1) Do not try to recycle cups with wax or plastic coatings.
2) No Polystyrene foam containers.
3) No ceramics or porcelain.
4) Do not dump electronics into recycling bins.
5) Recycle the right way every time - even a few misplaced items can spoil a truckload of recycling, which must be dumped at the landfill.