To schedule building, fire, site, or right-of-way (ROW) inspections please use the following contacts:
- Call 407-539-6248 or email Inspections. You also may email Jane Rollins, Permit Specialist, or call her at 407-539-6150. Please include:
- Permit number
- Project address
- Inspection type you are requesting. Please included any added information to clarify what you want to have inspected.
- Contact name and number
Note: Please be clear and concise with your request.
Inspection hours are from 7:30 am-3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. After-hours inspections are not available.
If you are looking to find out who your inspector will be, please call 407-448-2004 between the hours of 7:15 and 7:45 am the morning of your inspection. You will be given the contact name and number of your inspector.
Non-Scheduling Questions or Concerns
For non-scheduling questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of the Building Division supervisors:
- Building Official: Allen Johnson
- Call 407-539-6151
- Email Allen Johnson
- Building Inspector: Drew Frame
- Call 407-539-6156
- Email Drew Frame
Building Department Hours of Operation 8 am to 5 pm weekdays. Permitting fees and permit transactions stop at 4 pm. The inspection request cut off time is 4 pm.
- Construction Hours: Construction Activities are allowed between the hours of 7 am to 9 pm weekdays only. Working at any other time will require written permission of the Building Official in advance per Maitland City Code Section 10-11-C.
- The City of Maitland has a Non-Exclusive Franchise (Dumpster) Construction and Debris (C&D)/Roll-Off Program. For more information, including a list of approved franchise haulers, visit the Non-Exclusive Franchise C&D/Roll-Off Program page.
- The City supports the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) as a model code regulating the minimum maintenance requirements for existing buildings
On June 27, 2016 the City of Maitland adopted local amendments to Chapter 1 of the Florida Building Code, and the minimum housing code, 2015 IPMC with Maitland amendments. The City enforces the following Codes:
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Building - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Existing Building - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Fuel Gas - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Plumbing - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Residential - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Fire Prevention Code - 6th Edition (2017)
- National Electrical Code 2014
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and NFPA 101 (2012) as incorporated into FFPC 6th Edition (2017) and other NFPA codes as reference.