Building Safety and Permitting
On June 27, 2016, the City of Maitland adopted local amendments to Chapter 1 of the Florida Building Code, and the minimum housing code, 2015 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) with Maitland amendments. (View the City’s Building Codes.) The City enforces the following Codes:
- Florida Building Code - Building - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Existing Building - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Residential - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Plumbing - 6th Edition (2017)
- National Electrical Code 2014
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Building Code - Fuel Gas - 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Fire Prevention Code 6th Edition (2017)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and NFPA 101 (2012) as incorporated into Florida Fire Prevention Code (FFPC) 6th Edition (2017) and other NFPA codes as reference
In an effort to ensuring our customers experience a more efficient and effective plan review, Staff offers the following recommendations:
Plan Set Submittal
When uploading a plan submittal for review, we suggest the engineer of record register as the applicant in order to upload the document(s) which they are responsible. Additional engineers/architects will be able to upload plans after the application is submitted.
The engineer/architect will need to submit a signed and wet sealed or embossed sealed letter to the City which identifies the plan set or plan set sheets they have taken ownership. This step will be repeated for each submission.
Approval of Plans
Once your plan submittal is ready to be approved, Staff will apply a watermark approval stamp, lock the plans and make the set available to the applicant via the Maitland interface. The applicant will then print the final approved set of plans and submit the hard copy sign & sealed. The final approved set of plans with watermark and Sign & Seal will be scanned and uploaded into the system.
Schedule building, fire, site or right-of-way inspections just got easier. Property owners and contractors can schedule their inspections in one of the following ways:
- Scheduling on-line through our On-line Permitting Customer Service Interface.
- By emailing your inspection request to Inspections@itsmymaitland.com. When emailing your inspection request, please be clear and concise with your request and include the following:
- Contact name and number
- Inspection type you are requesting. Please included any added information to clarify what you want to have inspected.
- Permit number
- Project address
Inspection hours are from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. After-hours inspections are not available.
If you are looking to find out who your inspector will be, please contact 407-448-2004 between the hours of 7:15 and 7:45 am the morning of your inspection. You will be given the contact name and number of your inspector.
For non-scheduling questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of the building division supervisors list below.
Building Department hours of operation 8 am to 5 pm weekdays. Permitting fees and permit transactions stop at 4 pm. Inspection request cut off time 4 pm.
Monthly Permitting Activity
For a snapshot of Maitland's monthly permitting activity, please click here Monthly Permitting Activity Monthly Permitting Activity Monthly Permitting Activity Monthly Permitting Activity.