We, the men and women of the Maitland Police Department, believing in the dignity of man and sanctity of human life, are committed to...
- maintain and protect community order and respect for the law;
- to protect the lives and property of the public served;
- to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the
State of Florida;
- to enforce the laws of the State of Florida;
- to enforce the Ordinances of the City of Maitland;
- to abide by the rules, regulations, and procedures of the City of Maitland and the Maitland Police Department and to do so in a manner that is sensitive to all citizens.
Recognizing that, in a democracy, all power and authority is derived from people served.
- The Maitland Police Department is steadfastly committed to a fair, just and equal treatment for all citizens without regard to age, sex, race, creed, color, or position in life.
- The Maitland Police Department recognizes that it is a symbol of the law and government it represents and is committed to the highest standards of organizational and
personal professionalism, integrity, moral, and ethical conduct while performing its function.
- The Maitland Police Department affirms the concept of Community-oriented policing; promotes innovative crime prevention measures; inter-agency cooperation and
communication and pledges to provide leadership within its ranks within the community and within the criminal justice profession to fulfill the ideals of its mission.
- The Maitland Police Department will provide a working environment that addresses the needs of its employees and will provide them with the skills and equipment necessary to carry out its mission. The Maitland Police Department is fully committed to upholding its mission and will do so with pride and dignity.