- Household Garbage:
Use City provided cart. Place at the curb between 5 pm the day before collection and 7 am the day of collection. Containers that do not exceed 35 gallons may be used when your cart is full.
- Yard Waste:
Place yard waste at the curb between 5 pm on Tuesday and 7 am on Wednesday. Residents are required by State Law to separate yard trash from regular household trash. Containerize, bag or bundle (tie) all yard waste. Bags/bundles can not exceed 40 pounds in weight or 4 feet in length.
The City provides two recycling bins. Recyclable materials should be separated as follows:
- Blue Bin - Newspapers and magazines that are stapled and DO NOT contain glue products may be placed in this bin for disposal.
- Red Bin - Aluminum, tin, or steel cans including empty aerosol cans, glass bottles and jars (glass products must be either clear, green, or brown in color), plastic containers with a #1 and #2, imprinted on the bottom. No tops should be placed in the bins. Please rinse containers before placing them in bins. Containers that ARE NOT rinsed will be left at your curbside. Place recyclable overflow materials in a paper bag on top of the recycle bin.
Due to a lack of demand in the marketplace the following items are not currently being recycled:
Any cartons with wax coverings such as juice containers or milk cartons, Styrofoam, plastic bags, aluminum foil products, paper or plastic grocery bags, plastic containers for motor oil, pool chemicals, or pesticides, and light bulbs.
As the demand for recyclable materials changes you will be notified through your utility bill.
- Boxes and crates must be collapsed before being placed for collection.
- The City does not collect construction or demolition debris. Please contact Waste Services of Florida, the City's franchised roll off provider, at 407-831-1539 for delivery, pricing and additional information.
- Dead animals may not be placed for collections. Animals should either be buried or disposed of through Orange County Animal Services, 2769 Conroy Rd (fee $15.00).
- Hazardous materials may be disposed of at the Orange County Landfill. For additional information and pricing, please contact 407-836-6600.
- The City does not collect medical waste. Please contact the Fire/Rescue Department for additional information regarding medical waste at 407-539-6227.